Outdoor Educators offers curriculum-based programs at the Cumberland Nature Reserve.
Designed and based on local and international research in youth development, we believe that our Outdoor Education programs can be to your benefit.
Our programs are filled with fun and enjoyable learning experiences and we make provision for different age categories and groups. It is recommended for students from schools/ colleges (Primary schools, High Schools) or other educational institutions (Colleges, Tertiary Educational Institutions).
Program design is flexible in terms of the topics and subject content covered.
Teachers are able to select which activities and outcomes they want to have on an excursion.
We would ideally like to custom-design our programs to suit the specific needs of each school or grade level.
Some of the programs that will be suitable for educational groups include:
- Leadership development (Prefects/ SRC’s, etc.)
- Leadership identification
- Team building for sport teams
- Team building for school/ college staff
- Personal, Social and Life skills development
- Problem – solving and conflict management
- General Outdoor Educational programs tailored for each grade
- Clubs/ societies/ Associations (e.g. Presidents’ Award, Land Service, Christian Society, etc.)
- Adventure Racing for sport teams
- Affordable basic overnight accommodation and meals (ideal for sport and other tour/ excursions visiting the Pietermaritzburg area)
- Amazing Race Fund raiser (at your school)
- Environmental Education and field studies for Geography, Life Science and Nature Club students
We can also offer:
- Holiday programs for children
- Adventure Birthdays
Please see our activities page for activities that can be used in educational programs